“Backlinks” is very difficult stuff to build nowadays.
But back some years getting backlinks was not the hard part.
People would get backlinks easily in back some years.
Let’s talk about now:
Most of the bloggers who have recently started a blog, a website they are facing a big problem to understand the term “backlink” and how to get it.
But as you are my reader you will not face that problem.
So, in this article, I will make sure that you get to know everything about backlinks.
So, Let’s get started:
Backlinks are incoming links from other website or page to your website.
In past years, backlinks were the major factor for the ranking of a website.
A website with a big amount of backlinks directed to rank higher on all search engines.
And it is still true to a large amount.
Here is a dictionary of common terms related to backlinks that you must know:
- Link Juice: When any other website’s page links to your website’s article/page then it passes “link juice”. This link juice helps the ranking of your website’s article and also improves the domain authority. As a blogger, you can stop passing link juice to other websites by using a no-follow link tag.
- No-Follow Link: When other website links to your website, but that link has a no-follow tag, that link will not pass link juice. No-follow links are not useful concerning the ranking of a website or post as they do not add any value. In general, pro bloggers use the no-follow tag when he/she is linking out to an non-trustable site.
- Do-Follow Link: All the links that you add to a post are do-follow links and these pass link juice, by default.
- Linking Root Domains: This tells that the number of backlinks coming on your website from a unique domain. Even if that website has linked to your website 10 times but it will only be counted as 1 linked root domain.
- Low-Quality Links: Low-quality links are those links that come from accumulated sites, automated sites, spam sites and porn sites. Such low-quality links harm your website. This is one reason you must be careful when buying or getting backlinks.
- Internal Links: Links that are connected from one page to another of your website.
- Anchor Text: Text that is used to links to other post is called anchor text. Anchor textbacklinks work great when you are trying to rank for particular keywords.
Advantages of backlinks in SEO:
Before I talk about the advantages of backlinks.
Let me first tell you some important thing about backlink for SEO.
SEO has changed.
Back some years when low-quality backlink helped your website to rank high.
But since Google updated its Penguin algorithm, the whole factor of backlinking has changed.
It is very important to have backlink from quality sites, and those backlink should be contextual.
If, for example, you have a site about dog food.
And you are trying to get links from other niche sites about monkeys food.
There is no use these such irrelevant links .
Your goal must be to get links from authoritative, reputed and relevant sites.
Now let’s come to know why it is important for you to create backlinks to your site:
1.Improves Organic Ranking
Backlinks help in getting better rankings on every search engine.
If any post of your website is getting organic links from other sites, that content will naturally rank higher in search engines.
Your goal must be to create links to every single posts/pages along with those leading to your homepage.
2. Faster Indexing
Backlinks help search engine robots to discover links to your site and crawl your site effectively.
Especially for a new website, it is very important to get backlink because they help in the faster indexing of your site.
3. Referral Traffic
One of the major advantage of backlinks is that they help to get referral traffic.
And keep in mind that, referral traffic is targeted and has a low bounce rate.
How to start getting backlinks:
So I hope now you understand what is “backlink” to SEO and why they’re important.
Let’s now learn a some simple techniques to generate backlink fro your site.
One important thing which you need to keep in mind about backlink in SEO.
If you make backlinks from low-quality websites then it will not help to rank your website.
You have to make high-quality backlinkf from revelant and reputed websites.
“Quantity doesn’t matters, Quality matters”
If you are paying money to get links for your site, you are likely going to be penalized by Google Penguin’s algo.
So here’s the real question:
What are the ways to get quality backlinks for your blog?
- Write unique and best articles
- Use Broken link building method
- Create Piller articles
- Start guest blogging
- Submit to web directories
1. Write awesome articles
So this is the best and easiest way to get backlinks for your blog.
And if you write awesome articles, people will naturally link to them.
Tutorials and top-ten list articles are good examples of the types of posts that have great potential for getting backlinks from other websites as references.
Note: Such articles are based upon proper research and practical examples.
2. Start guest blogging
Guest blogging is an excellent, best way and free way to get backlinks. Start guest blogging on blogs in your niche.
And guest blogging helps you to get solid one-way backlinks as well as good amount of traffic and better search engine visibility.
3. Submit to web directories
Submitting your website or posts to web directories is another easy way to get backlinks.
This method is not very popular these days because it is difficult to find a legal web directory.
You must avoid those web directories that ask you to create a backlink to their website to get entry of your website into their directory.
Important: If you are using any software for direct submission tactics then stop doing so right away.
Because it will cause your blog to appear as spam.
I hope this article helped you to understand the basics of backlinks in SEO.
Now don’t wait, go and apply these tips to get backlinks for your website.
I hope you liked my article.
So, don’t forget to share it.
And let me by know by dropping comments if you have any other technique or you have any problem in any technique which I mentioned above.